Date: Wednesday November 29, 2017
Time: 12:00 PM
Navidadfest 2017 Illuminates the Holidays
Family friendly event set for Wednesday, November 29
Laredo, Texas (November 22, 2017) ― Where can you get a snow slide, ice skating, train rides, cookies & cocoa, watch the tree lighting with Santa Claus all for free? At the Navidadfest 2017! Interested attendees should mark their calendars for November 29, 2017 from 4:00-9:00 p.m.
The early evening event features more child-oriented activities than even before and a stunning tree-lighting countdown complete with a color-wash display on the front of the Laredo Energy Arena that will dash away all the hum-bugs!
- Snow-slide (OPENS at 5:00 p.m.)- Located just outside the performance area in the parking lot; little adventurers should get ready for a slippery, snowy slide. Get ready for a pint-sized thrill dashing down the short incline. This activity requires a short climb up a stairway.
- Ice Skating- Located inside the Arena, lace up your skates and spend a little time getting your balance or practicing you triple Lutz to some holiday tunes! Offered on a first-come first-serve basis in the lower bowl, this activity will require good physical health and a written liability release form signed on-site by a participating adult individual or by the participants’ parent or legal guardian. Skate sizes and time is limited, please observe these rules as a courtesy to those waiting to enter into the activity. You are also welcome to bring your own skates!
- Train Rides- Also located outside adjacent to the snow slide, this small locomotive is all kids need to be enthralled and to have a good time. The train travels at a slow speed and Mom and Dad can ride along with their little one, if they want to! Cookies & Hot Cocoa- being offered inside and outside the Arena for free while supplies last, just follow the signs.
- Live entertainment- Located on the main stage on the front esplanade of the Laredo Energy Arena, performances by local students from both the Laredo and United Independent School Districts will be performing all your holiday favorites throughout the night.
- Santa’s Workshop- Staffed by St. Nick’s cheery elves, drop in to make your very own decorative ornament to trim your tree at home, for kids of all ages. Located off the concourse in meeting room 1 and 2.
- Pet Adoption Area- Make the family merry by adding a four-legged new member to the clan! Brought to you by the City of Laredo Animal Care Services, check out some potential new pets located inside the LEA with access from the concourse near Gate B.
Meet your local heroes – Tour the Laredo Police Department Community Outreach Mobile Unit and get a free finger print record of your children to take home. Next stop by and explore the Laredo Fire Department’s fire truck and Safety House.
In addition to all these family oriented activities, one of the highlights of the event each year is the arrival of Santa Claus! The special North Pole visitor will help Mayor Pete Saenz and other special guests light up the night with a boisterous countdown and a magical illuminating moment where the more than 37,000 lights on the 52-foot tree come to life and a special projected color wash fills the front façade of the Arena. This event highlight is schedule to take place at 7:00 p.m.
After Santa lights the tree, he will take his place next to Mrs. Claus in a special photo setting inside the LEA in front of Gate A. Kids can tell Santa their wish list, take a photo and in a special little frame can take their memento home. Photos are free and will be offered throughout the event until approximately 8:30 p.m.
Motorists in and around the area of the Laredo Energy Arena are asked to proceed through the area with caution. Observe all posted traffic signalization and barricades, as well as be attentive to officers staffing the major intersections to assist getting into and out of the event area. Attendees to the event are asked to enter the LEA parking lots from either Sinatra Parkway into lots D or A or from Arena Boulevard on the north side to lot B and A. Additional parking will be available at Uni-Trade Stadium.
Information on Navidadfest 2017 may be obtained by calling the Laredo Energy Arena at 956.791.9192.
All media inquiries may be directed to:
Blasita J. Lopez, Executive Director/Acting PIO at 956-286-0227 or email@example.com.